At NUCO we have taken action to improve our information and processes to best maintain good mental wellbeing of our passengers.
Your Mental Health
There are a few points we recommend taking before you travel if you have any concerns about your mental health:
- Check your insurance covers any pre-existing medical conditions or purchase specialist cover
- Consider who you would contact if you need help
- Ensure you pack anything needed to maintain good mental wellbeing – any medication or home comforts.
- Check for further guidance on the government’s website
Whilst away we recommend taking action to promote and maintain your mental health things such as:
- Staying hydrated and eating well
- Taking time out if required, maybe have a movie night in or try out one of the spa facilities in resort
- Stay in touch and talk to family and friends
Issues whilst away
If you or your friends have issues whilst away, at NUCO we are happy to listen and we want to support you in speaking to the correct people. Be this friends, family, health professionals or third party organisations.
These are just some of the organisations we would recommend to passengers who have mental health issues whilst away:
- Samaritans – 24h helpline – 00448457909090
- The Mix – helpline for under 25s – 00448088084994 also see themix.org.uk for live chat
- University-specific nightlines – listening services provided by some universities – nightline.ac.uk/want-to-talk
- Papyrus – helpline for young people dedicated to suicide prevention – Call 0044800 0684141 or text 00447786209697
- Addaction – webchat for those with alcohol or drug issues – addaction.org.uk
- SOS Help – An English language emotional support line based in France – 0033146214646
These details are also on our Mental Health webpage here.